Unlawful Eviction Eviction judgement with permission for us to leave falling apart home

Brittnoel0925

My family moved into a home sept 1 2013. It was The family home of a family ring and property management company. They warned us we were the first ever tenants to rent their home and if there were any problems with the house to report it and they would fix it. The first day that we were moving in we found saggy ceilings with black mold growing on it, the garage door broke and fell on the hood of her car, I at (six months pregnant) fell through a stair on the back deck that was rotten on the bottom, we noticed many other health hazards for us and our children and immediately called to report it. I have a voicemail recording of the owners son apologizing and stating that he knew there were issues but not that many. He told us that we were free to leave so that he could fix the home and that he would refund all of our money including our rent, and to just let him know when we can find a new home and move out. We began searching for a new home instantly, we never even unpacked all of our boxes, but after a few days realize there was nothing available at that moment and with our small children he spoke with him and said we're having a hard time finding anything we're going to attempt to stay for now. Things fell apart worse and we had multiple men show up and let themselves in the home even after being asked to leave. After this happened we decided we could not stay our stress levels are through the roof and it was affecting our health horribly so we at that time told them we needed 30 days at the very least to find a new home and leave and we wanted all of our money back to use for a new deposit and move in to a new home. We vacated the home October 28 and left it in perfect clean condition. We left the keys on the counter as they asked us to. They had filed a judgment against us the day after we moved out which would be October 29. We are about one month later received collection charges in the mail for $4500. We disputed the colections immediately and had never heard anything back, because no response, you know it knowledge meant of where it came from and what to do with it. We did not know about the judgment against us until her credit was pulled when we were attempting to buy a home. Because we did not know about the judgment we never had a window in which case to fight the judgment. We are unable to buy a home because of the damage is done to our credit.

What do we do now? There has to be some way to get justice from these sneaky slime balls.

I suggest you speak with a lawyer or two in your county.
You are more than likely stuck with the judgment.
You, as do many people, relent after saying you would leave.
That is why you are where you are today.
Sorry, its Monday morning quarterbacking, but if there is any relief for you, it won't be found on the internet.
Any relief (and it will be a very long shot) will be found in an Oregon court room.

Good luck.

Back