Eviction dissmissed before trial but showing on credit checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baremommy

My kids dad and I applied for a apartment last week and were denied because of an eviction showing on his record but last year our landlord filled an eviction against him but asked for it to be dismissed before the court date and his request was granted and the case was dismissed with no judgment so Im not understanding why its showing as an eviction on his credit ?

yes we got a copy of the record and credit history its showing up eviction on credit history but dismissed in the court records that's what I don't get??

yes we got a copy of the record and credit history its showing up eviction on credit history but dismissed in the court records that's what I don't get??

In MOST cases the mere filing of an eviction proceeding will negatively affect your credit. That is what you're seeing. Landlords use that filing to screen tenants.

The court doesn't have to deliver a judgment for the eviction to appear on a credit report & tenant screening records. Simply having a filing of an eviction against someone is enough for the tenant reporting agencies to make a negative listing. A tenant listing service has no responsibility to conduct follow-up on its reports, leaving room for "error" if the case is dismissed or mediated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back