evict girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

grgg

I am buying a home I'm the only one on the contract, her and I have a history of fighting, domestic, police being called, we have no kids together, over the past few years she has destroyed pretty much everything I own of any value during her fits of rage, she has violently attacked me on several occasions, last year she chased me with a knife stabbed through a door while I called 911, she took every pill in the house in clouding my prescription meds, this was the second time she tried to commit suicide while living with me, yesterday she went room to room destroying everything and I didn't call police because they have told me they can do nothing about her destroying things, I can't take it any longer it always comes back to this, how do I just get her out legally? She will not leave, she does not work.. I need her gone asap before she makes me believe once again that she will actually change and stop doing this to me

I am buying a home I'm the only one on the contract, her and I have a history of fighting, domestic, police being called, we have no kids together, over the past few years she has destroyed pretty much everything I own of any value during her fits of rage, she has violently attacked me on several occasions, last year she chased me with a knife stabbed through a door while I called 911, she took every pill in the house in clouding my prescription meds, this was the second time she tried to commit suicide while living with me, yesterday she went room to room destroying everything and I didn't call police because they have told me they can do nothing about her destroying things, I can't take it any longer it always comes back to this, how do I just get her out legally? She will not leave, she does not work.. I need her gone asap before she makes me believe once again that she will actually change and stop doing this to me

Pro is correct, you can evict her per Michigan law.
If she batters you before the eviction transpires, call the police, press domestic violence charges, seek a restraining/order of protection; the order won't allow her back into your home. Continue through with the eviction.

In fact, you can TRY getting the restraining order during the pendency of the eviction based or prior police reports and her purported acts of domestic violence.

I'd call the police every time she abuses you or breaks stuff.

I'd also document the calls and whatever she does to harm you.
It'll help your court efforts.

OK thank you.. I just wish there was a quick way

There are two quicker ways:
One, pay her money to leave.
Get her to agree in writing to leave, and help her move (get others to help her).

The other, next time the she beast kicks your arse, immediately call "911".
Document everything, tell the police you'll assist in prosecuting her for domestic violence/abuse.
Then, as soon as possible, go to the prosecutor and inquire about getting a restraining order, or order of protection. That'll keep her out, because each time she returns, call the police and they will arrest her. You burden a sucker with charges, even the dumbest or most violent can learn.

This website explains the process and even links to HOW you do it in your county.

http://michiganlegalhelp.org/self-h...rom-abuse/overview-personal-protection-orders

Michigan is so advanced, they even HELP you start the process online.
Based on your history, I'd start today.
You've got police reports to back your story.

https://lawhelpinteractive.org/login_form?template_id=template.2012-01-30.1590369871&set_language=en

Last edited:
It's actually not too long in most jurisdictions.

In mine, it takes around 3 weeks start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back