Estate Planning Purposes Deed

Iron-Game

Hello, my grandfather has transferred some real estate into my mother's, aunts and uncles name. He has set up a revocable trust in the state of Maryland which is also where all the property is and where all parties live.

The deeds say "For Estate Planning Purposes" on them. Can you please tell me what this means.

Thank you

Hello, my grandfather has transferred some real estate into my mother's, aunts and uncles name. He has set up a revocable trust in the state of Maryland which is also where all the property is and where all parties live.

The deeds say "For Estate Planning Purposes" on them. Can you please tell me what this means.

Thank you

The words, if read plainly, reveal one meaning.

If you think they have another meaning, I suggest you ask the lawyer who drafted the documents.

However, if you aren't a beneficiary of the trust, it is doubtful the lawyer would even speak to you.

my grandfather has transferred some real estate into my mother's, aunts and uncles name. He has set up a revocable trust in the state of Maryland which is also where all the property is and where all parties live.

It's unclear what the relationship is (if any) between the trust and the transfer of property.

"Estate planning" refers to planning for what will happen with one's assets when one dies.

I'm not sure why this is any of your concern, but if you want to know why your grandfather put this language on the deeds in question, ask him. If he had an attorney assisting him with this, he may not know. You're obviously free to call his attorney and ask, but the attorney may decline to discuss it with you.

It's unclear what the relationship is (if any) between the trust and the transfer of property.

"Estate planning" refers to planning for what will happen with one's assets when one dies.

I'm not sure why this is any of your concern, but if you want to know why your grandfather put this language on the deeds in question, ask him. If he had an attorney assisting him with this, he may not know. You're obviously free to call his attorney and ask, but the attorney may decline to discuss it with you.
Thank you for the information.

Back