Estate Personal Representative stole money, stocks, forgery and fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARY JO HAIRE

Jurisdiction
Maryland
Brother having same name as father enabled him to steal money, transfer and liquidate stocks and forge documents. After 4 yrs and spending $49K in legal fees I succeeded in having him removed and an Attorney chosen by the Judge. Having spent all of our savings and an impartial Lawyer taking charge of the Estate it seemed foolish to go further in debt when the Estate would be paying the court appointed Attorney along with the 4 FOUR other Attorney's my brother used even though 3 of them withdrew because of the inability to represent someone who would NOT adhere to the laws regarding Estate Issues. His forgery, theft, co-mingaling of funds has all been uncovered. One bank account included mine and my youngest brothers name along with his name, however he wrote himself a check for $97,000 dating it 3 days prior to Dad's death cashing it the week after his burial. This account the judge declared was NOT part of the Estate. It did not include my oldest sisters name. My father's will left his Estate equally to all 4 children, not primarily my oldest brother as he continued to pretend to bee the case. After being confronted with his forgery and feeble attempt to justify his right to take money by putting a pre-death date on the check he admitted his actions and promised IN WITH and verbally to pay back money he stole from us. In writing he also stated he was in process of selling all of his fishing and hunting gear, his very large boat docked in water at the new beach house he was building, (which he used funds directly from the Estate to build) and obtain a mortgage from the bank based on his beach house now that it was completed. He was promising this because he was informed unless he put back the $114,000 he stole from the account we were filing charges. To date 0 money has been paid back so criminal charges were filed through Baltimore County DA office. Because of all the uncovered additional theft of stocks and money the Appointed Attorney discovered (was informed yesterday from Estate Attorney that the DA office has a Detective working on Estate illegal actions of our brother as well as the Bank Account in our names. With all of this activity going on regarding the Estate we are looking for an Attorney to answer our questions as they occur and guide us through to a resolution. While the court appointed Attorney has been superior in her Estate work and her extra effort to help us recover what is rightfully ours she can not as you know represent us. Is it possible for an Attorney to help us at this late stage of this nightmare? We need someone to represent not just myself but my sister and youngest brother also. My prior Attorney stated long before our Court date for removing the brother as PR due to conflict of intetest. We would sincerely appreciate an Attorney interested in helping us allowing the time to meet, hear our position in further detail and then give us their legal opinion on any options we may have to ensure we recover the assetts left to us by our Father.

Is it possible for an Attorney to help us at this late stage of this nightmare?

Do you mean represent you for FREE?

Many attorneys do "pro bono" work all across this nation.

Your job, should you choose to do so, is find THAT attorney.

This website has an attorney search feature, or you can contact your state and county bar associations for additional information.

One of the the county bar associations to which I belong will often do "pro bono" work for veterans.

If someone is a veteran, maybe you can find an attorney near you who does "pro bono' work for veterans.

Good luck, mate.

Brother having same name as father enabled him to steal money, transfer and liquidate stocks and forge documents. After 4 yrs and spending $49K in legal fees I succeeded in having him removed and an Attorney chosen by the Judge. Having spent all of our savings and an impartial Lawyer taking charge of the Estate it seemed foolish to go further in debt when the Estate would be paying the court appointed Attorney along with the 4 FOUR other Attorney's my brother used even though 3 of them withdrew because of the inability to represent someone who would NOT adhere to the laws regarding Estate Issues. His forgery, theft, co-mingaling of funds has all been uncovered. One bank account included mine and my youngest brothers name along with his name, however he wrote himself a check for $97,000 dating it 3 days prior to Dad's death cashing it the week after his burial. This account the judge declared was NOT part of the Estate. It did not include my oldest sisters name. My father's will left his Estate equally to all 4 children, not primarily my oldest brother as he continued to pretend to bee the case. After being confronted with his forgery and feeble attempt to justify his right to take money by putting a pre-death date on the check he admitted his actions and promised IN WITH and verbally to pay back money he stole from us. In writing he also stated he was in process of selling all of his fishing and hunting gear, his very large boat docked in water at the new beach house he was building, (which he used funds directly from the Estate to build) and obtain a mortgage from the bank based on his beach house now that it was completed. He was promising this because he was informed unless he put back the $114,000 he stole from the account we were filing charges. To date 0 money has been paid back so criminal charges were filed through Baltimore County DA office. Because of all the uncovered additional theft of stocks and money the Appointed Attorney discovered (was informed yesterday from Estate Attorney that the DA office has a Detective working on Estate illegal actions of our brother as well as the Bank Account in our names. With all of this activity going on regarding the Estate we are looking for an Attorney to answer our questions as they occur and guide us through to a resolution. While the court appointed Attorney has been superior in her Estate work and her extra effort to help us recover what is rightfully ours she can not as you know represent us. Is it possible for an Attorney to help us at this late stage of this nightmare? We need someone to represent not just myself but my sister and youngest brother also. My prior Attorney stated long before our Court date for removing the brother as PR due to conflict of intetest. We would sincerely appreciate an Attorney interested in helping us allowing the time to meet, hear our position in further detail and then give us their legal opinion on any options we may have to ensure we recover the assetts left to us by our Father.
No I do not mean free. Thank you for your reply

Reading this post years later (posted 2017, now we're in 2020!) . . . This woman has a VERY complex situation. If it were me in her shoes, I'd be teetering on and ready to fall off my last nerve.
Anticipating a Genuine reply. . . .?! o_O
Why are you posting to a dead thread? Stop doing that!
Post reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back