Escaped punishment because of the Statute of Limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

As I was unofficially looking into a possible charge of a Police Office aiding and abetting a minor (another recent thread here), I ran into this very troubling article:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/03/texas-judge-caught-on-video-beating-daughter-needs-help/

It is especially troubling when people designated to uphold the law do these kind of things, and somehow seem to get away with it:

"... likely would have been charged with causing injury to a child or other assault-related offenses for the 2004 beating of his then-16-year-old daughter,but the five-year statutes of limitations expired ..."

What would have happened to the rest of us if we were caught doing something like that?

Edit: the YouTube video in the article above is especially troubling to watch, since her mother begins beating the daughter too :(

Last edited:
Some comments, after analyzing that video:
I thought the mother was going to step in and save the daughter. Instead, she beats the daughter with a belt too! What kind of mother says to her daughter "Get on your stomach, and take it like a grown woman!" when a man wants to beat her daughter ?!?! Is that a common Texan phrase/saying, or something?

And the "judge" kept coming back over and over again (after taking short breaks) to beat the helpless girl with that belt of his. This is clearly a *very* dangerous sign of a guy who is really out of control. And that "judge" is still presiding in a court in TX over (child) abuse cases? What hypocrisy!!

Notice how quickly a Corporation deals with an employee who slapped a toddler on a flight (i.e. terminated him). Compare that with how State Government condones far worse behavior, when the Rockport, TX police/sheriff department took a pretty calm approach to this whole issue. Gotta wonder if they play golf at the local country club with that "judge" on the weekends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back