Erroneous Criminal Record Accusations on Clearance Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

After holding a security clearance for nearly 20 years, the recent 5 year renewal of my Top Secret clearance found that I had an unreported criminal record. OPM/CAF sent me a statement of reasons to revoke my security clearance. I immediately retained a lawyer. Through research, I discovered that records from the State of Kentucky were used that listed the criminal record of a person with the same first and last name and same date of birth but different middle name and social security number. The lawyer cost was @5K. I want to recoup my losses and sue. I don't know yet know whether a contract company or OPM conducted the investigation, I am waiting for the investigation to come back to me via FOIA request. Clearly due diligence was not done. I never had an interview with an investigator. Simply, one year after I submitted paperwork, I received the statement of reasons from an adjudicator with the erroneous arrest records.

Sorry but you can not sue. When you got the results which showed you had lost your clearance, there should have been an appeal process you could opt to undergo. It is there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back