1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Eop charge Domestic Violence & Civil Orders

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges' started by mhs2, Aug 12, 2016.

  1. mhs2

    mhs2 Law Topic Starter Guest

    What is the process for arraignment on a case with penal code 273.5 and 136.1

    Received a letter regarding this-and there is also a blurb in the top corner regarding cash bond for 5000. Will I be taken to jail? Or is that just if I fail to appear for the arraignment?
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You can contact a bail bonding agency and arrange your bail in advance of your surrender.

    You could arrive with five large in your pockets, then post a cash bail.

    You could surrender, get arrested, see the judge, plead not guilty, request to be released on your own recognizance (if you can prove significant and long standing ties to the community, that, however; can be a risky longshot).

    You'll be booked, freed if you make bail, or caged if you can't, until a bail reduction hearing can be arranged by your lawyer.
  3. adjusterjack

    adjusterjack Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    273.5 has to do with domestic violence and 136.1 has something to do with witness tampering.

    You're apparently being charged with serious crimes. Take that letter to a criminal defense attorney and ask him what to do.

    Meantime, keep your mouth shut and don't talk to the cops or anybody else about it, just to your lawyer.

Share This Page