Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Enough evidence to go to court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonna

My fiancee' has recieved an obscene phone call from an unknown caller. Come to find out later from the detective in charge of the case that another girl in our town has recieved a call from the same number. They did some searching and came to find out they both knew someone that years ago had been doing the same thing and was tried in court for it. I guess he has a criminal record. Now here is where it gets tricky. They did a search at his house and didn't find the phone or any numbers or anything, but they did find out that he had searched online about my financee and this other girl in order to get their phone numbers.

We haven't heard anything for a while in this. I am begining to wonder if anything will happen here? Is this enought evidence to go to court or do they need more? Thanks for any help.

If it was just that one call, I would let it go. I don't think I would go to court - at this time anyway. Others may come along with other opinions/suggestions.

Unless that phone call contained legitimate threats I would not anticipate any action.
That said, the investigation apparently has already gone much further than I would have expected. There may be more to this, and you may not have all the information.
As suggested, let this go and forget about it. If the police need you to do something you will hear from them. Otherwise all you would do is stir up problems with someone you really don't want to have contact with.

Phone numbers can be spoofed, or faked.

I defended someone in a case similar to this.

The defendant's lover made the calls appear to be coming from the defendant's cell phone.

The lover wanted the defendant locked up so he could steal his stuff and money.

He even made several bomb threats to local schools and hospitals and used a device to disguise his voice.

Its always best to quietly steer clear of the sleeping tiger, and never, ever pull his tail.

You could be very surprised if you ever learn the real identity of the perpetrator.

Its always best just to hang up on obscene callers and block the calling number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back