Enforcement of judgment

G

glynnyboy2

Jurisdiction
Nevada
I won Judgment in Las Vegas Justice Court, against a defendant who resides in the State of Indiana. Is there a common procedure employed to enlist the services of the Indiana Courts in enforcing this Judgment? My Writ of Garnishment/Execution was granted by the Las Vegas Court

I won Judgment in Las Vegas Justice Court, against a defendant who resides in the State of Indiana. Is there a common procedure employed to enlist the services of the Indiana Courts in enforcing this Judgment? My Writ of Garnishment/Execution was granted by the Las Vegas Court

You must domesticate your NV judgment in Indiana.
Read these instructions on several sites:
6 Steps To Domesticate A Foreign Judgment In Indiana
Bamberger, Foreman, Oswald & Hahn, LLP | The Bamberger Blog | Domestication and Enforcement of Foreign Judgment in Indiana
Talk to an Attorney in Minutes
Contact the clerk of court in the county where your target resides for specific instructions for that court.

Many times you can search the court and read additional instructions online off the court's website.

Once your NV judgment has been properly domesticated in Indiana, the fun begins.

You must try to locate assets that can be attached.

Not all assets can be levied against, and there are limits to what can be attached.
Inform yourself accordingly.

Is there a common procedure employed to enlist the services of the Indiana Courts in enforcing this Judgment?

Here's the Indiana statute 34-54-11 that gives you specific instructions:

2015 Indiana Code :: TITLE 34. CIVIL LAW AND PROCEDURE :: ARTICLE 54. JUDGMENTS :: CHAPTER 11. ENFORCEMENT OF FOREIGN JUDGMENTS

My Writ of Garnishment/Execution was granted by the Las Vegas Court

Once you have your judgment domesticated in Indiana you will have to start from scratch to enforce it there.

Back