Ending Alimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachfrank

I divorced my wife in California in 2004. To save money, we used gerneric on line forms and no lawyers. Unforunately, there was not an end date to the alimony or the portion of her medical insurance I agreed to pay. She is receiving disablity and medi-care because of bi-polar disorder. In my opinion, she has done nothing to improve her situation and refuses to discuss ending the payments. There are no children involved. What can I do to end the payments?

coachfrank said:
I divorced my wife in California in 2004. To save money, we used gerneric on line forms and no lawyers. Unforunately, there was not an end date to the alimony or the portion of her medical insurance I agreed to pay. She is receiving disablity and medi-care because of bi-polar disorder. In my opinion, she has done nothing to improve her situation and refuses to discuss ending the payments. There are no children involved. What can I do to end the payments?

Hire a lawyer this time and petition the court to end the payments.

Would you attempt heart bypass surgery on yourself to save a few dollars?

Now you see why people hire lawyers.

ARMY, have you ever really looked at my tag line? :)

Of course, I have, Brother Harris!

Why, even as I was authoring another one (post two, in this thread to be exact) of my excellent, accurate, and helpful posts; your wonderful and wise signature line danced through my, otherwise empty, head!

Brother Harris, you not ONLY inspire me, YOU complete me!!!!! :nuts :yes:

You are too Kind Sir. Haven't you see the post, I'm the Bad Guy around here! I believe CPS needs reform!

You are too Kind Sir. Haven't you see the post, I'm the Bad Guy around here! I believe CPS needs reform!

Yes, I read it.

They know not of what they speak.

They should learn from you, sir.

They are foolish not to drink from your fountain of wisdom and logic.

I suppose they enjoy their ignorance.

That happens when they envy you for your brilliance, compassion, wisdom, and wit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back