Employment Background Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettgirl663

Hello:

I have been offered a job recently and as a condition of their employment, I have to successfully pass a background check. I have a case for driving on a suspended license from 2003 to which I plead guilty, paid a fine, and served out the terms of the probation.

Since I have completed all terms of the probation, I thought I was free and clear of the violation. I filled out the employment application and was asked if I had EVER committed a felony, or a Misdemeanor in the past. I answered "NO." But then quickly realized that I wasn't sure of the disposition of the case. I then received via email the application for the background check, before filling it out, I backtracked and investigated the disposition of my ticket; I then found out that it was in fact a misdemeanor violation. I went ahead and listed the violation on the background check itself, forgetting that I had checked off "no" on my employment application. At this point it was too late, I was unable to make any changes to my employment application.
I brought the issue up to the HR department manager, she was unable to give me a solid answer, so now I am curious to know where I stand as far as getting the position.
Am I still eligible? or did I disqualify myself by marking no on the employment application, eventhough, I still disclosed the information on the actual background check itself?

Please help!

Last edited:
If you didn't tell them something that they asked about, then it looks bad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back