Employment background checks in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryl

I recently applied for a overnight stock position with a large superstore . I had a DUI 2005 A Misdemeanor . prior to that last criminal case was in 1999 , 2000. All misdemeanor convictions . I had felony arrest but no convictions. Never been to prison or anything . No theft or fraud charges. How far back will this major Nation wide grocery superstore chain go back into my background .does it only go 7 the back. they go thru a delegate co to do the background check. Am I going to pass the test.?

Sorry, Cheryl, but the crystal ball is out being cleaned; the magic 8 ball is broken, and Madame Zulieka has not returned from her vacation yet. Since without the aid of one of the three we have no way of telling what an unknown employer in any state will do or what kind of checks they are going to do, I'm afraid you're going to have to wait till they contact you.

Hmmm, I'll take a shot. I'm guessing the charge is old enough to not be noticed. You've been minding your Ps and Qs for about a decade. A few other brushes with Johnny Law, however. Stock position you say? I'm going to say they'll hire you. Why? Because I know a few stockers. Represented a couple, did very bad things. They got hired. Maybe you'll get hired, too?

There is no way we can say what any individual employer will do. You will have to wait & see. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back