Employer W-2 privacy

G

Gonoles17

Jurisdiction
Florida
For a few months in 2015, my husband and I had the same employer. Last week, we received our W-2s from the company in the same envelope that was only addressed to my husband. Is this legal? It feels like the employer is violating some sort of privacy law. What if we did not share our finances or we were going through a divorce. Thanks for any advice in advance.

For a few months in 2015, my husband and I had the same employer. Last week, we received our W-2s from the company in the same envelope that was only addressed to my husband. Is this legal? It feels like the employer is violating some sort of privacy law. What if we did not share our finances or we were going through a divorce. Thanks for any advice in advance.

What if the a chicken assaulted me?
What if my doggie started talking?

The law doesn't deal in what ifs.

For a few months in 2015, my husband and I had the same employer. Last week, we received our W-2s from the company in the same envelope that was only addressed to my husband. Is this legal?

Can't imagine why it wouldn't be.

It feels like the employer is violating some sort of privacy law.

Nope.

In fact, the W-2s were probably seen by several employees before they got sent to you.

What if we did not share our finances

Too bad. You just shared this one.

we were going through a divorce.

You would have to share your financial information during the divorce so that question doesn't even make sense.

Well, that ain't happening, all he does is occasionally bark when I come home. LOL

Ask him what's over his head and he'll say: "Woof" (Sounds like roof.)

Ask him who hit 600 home runs and he'll say "Woof" (Sounds like ruth.)

Ask him what sandpaper feels like and he'll say "Woof" (Sounds like rough.)

And there's your talking dog.

I don't see how this would be illegal - you are both at the same addressed & currently married.

Back