Corporate Law Employer Lying about sales, not paying

Status
Not open for further replies.

signofthehammer

Hello and thank you for your advice in advance!

A company I used to work for has some real numbers issues. We sell a product to businesses that we are to be paid commission on per sale. The paperwork is recorded through our parent company and than paid out accordingly.

The thing is I work for the parent company and know plenty of people working at the satellite office.

Whats happening is the Owner or the Satellite office is writing sales under a different name by using alternative paperwork. We have verbal proof from our clients. He has gone to jail in the past for white collar crimes. He does not have the ability to write his sales, so he uses our parent company to submit the paperwork.

So when a certain large sale is made, instead of giving the information to the parent company so compensation can be spilt, he switches the paperwork and pockets everything under a different person (his girlfriend). Doesn't pay the sales reps and says sale didn't happen or due to Credit Issues the customer did not qualify for the product. The parent company doesn't even know because he submits paperwork through someone else. Must be under a different DBA.

We have done our research and know for a fact these businesses have received our product and paid for their service.

For instance, I myself have set this guy up for a $144,000 sale and was to be paid 20%. The sale was supposed to go through this month but never appeared in our data base. I called the company that was to be sold and said I was with Customer Assurance. Wanted to make sure that they received the best experience with our owner, and that he followed through with what he said. They said "He was great, we couldn't be happier with your company" We have done this for other employees and found that in fact, the sale was made.

Is this a crime?

Yes, but the tricky question is who is the victim?

If there is sufficient evidence of this and you want to move forward I would suggest you organize it as best you can and present it to a supervisor and recommend police be notified.

I suspect that in order to get anywhere the employer will have to take action against the employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back