Employee theft

Leslie.8918

Jurisdiction
Texas
So I was caught over the 6 months of work stealing at Hollister and loss prevention shows up. And asks me what have you stolen, I was scared and terrified and I thought they knew what I did, and I admitted to it. I claimed to have stolen some items because I didn't want to worsen things and they took my statement down and said they were going to call home office. Once called they want to prosecute me and the files have been sent in last night. I'm 18 and I'm worried. I returned in all the items I listed on the statement, which summed to $408. Since it had accumulated. Then I got home and saw more things and did my calculations and may be 1,074 in total of accumulation. I'm so scared but I didn't recall all items in the interview and I don't know what to do. I see everywhere I go to not plead guilty but that's clearly what I did. I stole because my mother has financial issues and raises three kids on her own. What I did was terrible what must I do! I'm sick to my stomach. They said I will be prosecuted and DP will give me a call this following week or after. I'm so afraid, I made arrangements to pay them back but yet still prosecuted me, they said an investigation will still be made and stated Hollister a have microscopic cameras. What do I do now

You stop talking and you hire an attorney.

$500 to $1500 is a Class A misdemeanor. A fine up to $4000 or a year in jail or combination of both.

So I was caught over the 6 months of work stealing at Hollister and loss prevention shows up. And asks me what have you stolen, I was scared and terrified and I thought they knew what I did, and I admitted to it. I claimed to have stolen some items because I didn't want to worsen things and they took my statement down and said they were going to call home office. Once called they want to prosecute me and the files have been sent in last night. I'm 18 and I'm worried. I returned in all the items I listed on the statement, which summed to $408. Since it had accumulated. Then I got home and saw more things and did my calculations and may be 1,074 in total of accumulation. I'm so scared but I didn't recall all items in the interview and I don't know what to do. I see everywhere I go to not plead guilty but that's clearly what I did. I stole because my mother has financial issues and raises three kids on her own. What I did was terrible what must I do! I'm sick to my stomach. They said I will be prosecuted and DP will give me a call this following week or after. I'm so afraid, I made arrangements to pay them back but yet still prosecuted me, they said an investigation will still be made and stated Hollister a have microscopic cameras. What do I do now

Get a lawyer. Plead not guilty. The state has to prove your guilt. Morally you know it. Legally you're not guilty until you are convicted. Only talk to your lawyer.

How are you going to help your mom if you're in jail for a year or have to pay a fine? That's what you should have thought about before stealing stuff - and how did you help her by stealing from Hollister? If I was your mom I'd be horribly disappointed. I bet she raised you better.

Get a lawyer. Plead not guilty. The state has to prove your guilt. Morally you know it. Legally you're not guilty until you are convicted. Only talk to your lawyer.

How are you going to help your mom if you're in jail for a year or have to pay a fine? That's what you should have thought about before stealing stuff - and how did you help her by stealing from Hollister? If I was your mom I'd be horribly disappointed. I bet she raised you better.
But I signed some papers and wrote a statement saying I did it. I pleaded guilty technically. That's the thing, after the talking I pleaded guilty

But if I pleaded guilty will I still need an attorney

Signing a statement isn't the same as pleading guilty in court. Get a lawyer and you plead not guilty IN COURT. Your lawyer can figure out how to maybe toss that statement or something. That's why you hire a lawyer so they can defend you.

You did not say anything at all about police being involved.
If police have not been involved they probably won't be, which means no prosecution and no court.
Forget about the papers you signed. What's done is done and that is not that big of a deal anyway. Regardless of what you have already said and signed, DO NOT continue to make these statements, especially if police are involved. DO NOT attempt to explain anything or apologize. You will make things worse.
I'm sure you are mistaken and do not have any additional property. You said you returned everything.
Assuming there is no police involvement it is likely the only thing you have to worry about is the store's demand for compensation. The higher the value of the theft the more they will demand from you... so again, I'm certain you have nothing else to add.
When you receive their letter demanding money, or once you are contacted by police, THEN you should speak with an attorney. Until then just wait.
Know that a letter from the store demanding payment is not a fine and you have no legal obligation to pay it. Take the letter to an attorney for advice how to proceed.

A piece of paper with admissions on it ALLEGEDLY given to a security guard isn't a confession.

It's just a piece of paper with words on it.

If police have not been involved they probably won't be, which means no prosecution and no court.
Forget about the papers you signed. What's done is done and that is not that big of a deal anyway. Regardless of what you have already said and signed, DO NOT continue to make these statements, especially if police are involved. DO NOT attempt to explain anything or apologize. You will make things worse.
I'm sure you are mistaken and do not have any additional property. You said you returned everything.
Assuming there is no police involvement it is likely the only thing you have to worry about is the store's demand for compensation. The higher the value of the theft the more they will demand from you... so again, I'm certain you have nothing else to add.
When you receive their letter demanding money, or once you are contacted by police, THEN you should speak with an attorney. Until then just wait.
Know that a letter from the store demanding payment is not a fine and you have no legal obligation to pay it. Take the letter to an attorney for advice how to proceed.
But LP called Homeservices and they told her she had to prosecute it

No one can make a DA or county attorney prosecute anything.

You have been given solid info. You can use it or not.

Bottomline: Get a lawyer. Only talk to your lawyer about this. Plead not guilty if it comes to it.

A little security guard doesn't get to decide who gets prosecuted.
A Dallas County, or Tarrant County prosecutor decides.
In those counties, they have real criminals.
It is highly likely your case gets dismissed.

Relax, pray, chant, or whatever you do, but do it in private.

If the police want to speak to you about the statement, or you are arested and the police ask you, "Want to tell us your side of this?"

You simply say, "I want a lawyer. I am using my right to remain silent, and I have no comment about this."

Then no matter what tricks, ploys, schemes, or trickery the police employ, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

You'll never go to jail, even IF you are convicted on this charge.

Again, even IF you are convicted on this charge, YOU WILL NOT go to jail.

Jail is the only place you can be incarcerated for this charge.
This little nothing charge won't land you in prison.

But, YOU aren't going to prison.
Your conscious is beating you up.
That is normal.
That proves you aren't cut out for a life of crime.
You aren't a criminal.
You aren't a sociopath.

Yes, cry in your bedroom.

Don't cry IF the cops come, and don't open your mouth.

You only give them your name, date of birth, address, say you're unemployed, and then you say, "I want a lawyer. I will use my RIGHT to remain silent!"

Then you STOP yammering, stop BLABBING, say nothing except like a POW, name, address, date of birth.

You won't even need to post bond, if you are arrested.
You will be released on your signature and your promise to appear in court.
Rain is nothing more than water.
Rain can't kill you.
So, relax, this is just rain.

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. do as instructed above. Plead NOT guilty and request public defender or hire a lawyer. Yes you admitted the theft but a guilty plea on day one removes any possible plea deal. Talk to no one other than your lawyer about this and remove store name from this post. Dont worry about your statement for now as your Attorney will advise you on what to do. Be sure to ask if ACD or Diversion is an option.

The thing is a police hasn't been involved yet, but they told me we will send you a letter for court date

Back