Emotional distress from employer

YACKY66

5/6/2015 -Due to severe emotional distress from my employer's discrimination, retaliations and nick-picking, I advised my manager i was having chest pains. She informed me i could walk to ER which is four blocks away. I passed out at the employee entrance. Paramedics was then called, providing medical stability then rushed me to hospital. Panic & anxiety attack was determined. Manager didn't assist and was negligent with my safety. I feel my health has been compromised and currently under doctor's care. Do I have any recourse I can proceed with, like a lawsuit?

Last edited:
5/6/2015 -Due to severe emotional distress from my employer's discrimination, retaliations and nick-picking, I advised my manager i was having chest pains. She informed me i could walk to ER which is four blocks away. I passed out at the employee entrance. Paramedics was then called, providing medical stability then rushed me to hospital. Panic & anxiety attack was determined. Manager didn't assist and was negligent with my safety. I feel my health has been compromised and currently under doctor's care. Do I have any recourse I can proceed with, like a lawsuit?

Is there any other incidents ? One incident is cause but juries tend not take it seriously unless there was permanent injury like the roof falling down on your head.

Do you have video where you work to show the manager harassing you? Do you have voice recordings? Will fellow employees testify (long shot) .

If I was you I would consult with a labor law attorney and go back to work. Ask the attorney if its legal to record your boss in your state. If so, bring a tape recorder and place it at your work station . If you can prove repeated abuse, then you will have a good case.

What permanent or long lasting documents have you suffered as a direct result of your employer's actions?

Please disregard snortle, who clearly knows nothing about employment law.

What permanent or long lasting documents have you suffered as a direct result of your employer's actions?

Please disregard snortle, who clearly knows nothing about employment law.

I am not too sure that she has suffered 'long lasting documents'. I dont even know what that means. I guess you mean long term injury?

She clearly states the incident happened 6 days ago.

I asked her to consult with an attorney who does know , unless you claim to be a Civil Injury Lawyer or Employment Lawyer then my apologies.

Last edited:

Why didn't you just call "911"?????

Of course the point is that until or unless you can show permanent and long lasting damages that are directly related to the employer's actions, there is no case. Nor is there any evidence in the poster's original post that there is any abuse from the employer, verbal or otherwise, so telling them that they will have a good case if they can tape the boss is misleading to say the least.

It is unclear why you didn't call 911 if you were feeling that poorly. Anxiety attacks suck but are not dangerous.

It isn't clear at all on what basis you claim to be discriminated against or what you think you were retaliated against for doing. If you share those details we might be able to point you in the right direction.

You most likely do not have any recourse re the panic/anxiety attack. As noted, you could have called 911 yourself.

However; if you were subject to certain retaliation or illegal discrimination (all discrimination is not illegal), you might have some recourse here but we would need more details. (What type of retaliation, discrimination did you experience......) Thanks.

Back