Emotional abuse/harrassment by roommates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockerbabe17

I live with three male rommates as well as share a room with another female (best friend). The males are downright immature, rude, and disrespectful to us. They do little things like kick us off the TV (stealing the remote, majority rules kind of thing), eat all of our food and claim that since we live with stoners it should be expected, and have come in to our room, on one occasion, banging pots and pans and pulling the covers off of our beds to annoy us. They have also realized some things that I am sensitive about and deliberately do things to get a rise out of me. The most recent one, which brought me to tears and really hit me hard emotionally, was kicking around a lizard in our kitchen that the cat was playing with and not allowing me to save the lizard or hold their cat to keep it away, then continueing to tell me how they were going to sit around, drink beer, and shoot animals over the weekend. I am very sensitive when it comes to animals. I grew up caring for so many. They make fun of me for being an animal lover and play with my feelings about it for fun. They are sexist and have also done some things that would very easily be considered sexual harrassment (verbal and physical). Can I break my lease for these reasons? Sorry, for the novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back