Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft embezzlement>$200

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1975

I have charged with embezzlement$>200 because of the theft of mechandise worth around $2500 from walmart in va.I admitted that before the loss prevention officer and police arrested me and got bail from jail magistrate after few hours.i need to appear before court on nov.7. I didnot steal anything on that day, and they showed the video i am taking things from store and pay for it, and then going out with that , comeback again to get the second one by showing the same receipt.But the video didnot show the full incident,i donot know they guess or not the rest,but anyway i did that.Please help me what are my options, should i get an attorney, or should i admit theft and as the first time offence, will they be considered as misdeamenor and avoid jail? please advice me

What statute are you charged under?

what is statute?
it says LAR 2727-f9 as va crime code.
Also class u felony,
was that the answer?

You are charged with a felony; get a lawyer yesterday at the latest.

is to possible to make a settlement with fine outside the court to drop the charge?
can i deny the theft charge as the store has only evidence on video?,not sure that is complete or able to prove theft.

i will find one, thank you. do you think, the chance of droping the felony charge to misdeamenor embezzlement? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back