Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Embezzled under 100k no priors

Boatride

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Hello, I have not been formally charged with embezzlement but I am under investigation and suspended from work. I know that it is only a matter of time before I'm contacted. I have retained an attorney, I live in Michigan. I have been doing so much research .....should my attorney contact my employer? I want to get this over with I do have a gambling problem. I really sleep and have alot of anxiety .....What's the worst case punishment for me.....not to mention my wife didn't have a clue ...I told her what I did and she is discussed with me ....we have 2 small children. I pray I not on the news or newsomething papers

You're probably going to prison for a long time.

There's nothing you can or should do until you are arrested and charged.

So keep your mouth shut, don't talk to cops, don't talk to employers, don't talk to your friends or co-workers, don't talk to anybody but your lawyer and follow your lawyer's instructions.

You need to ask your lawyer all of your questions & only your lawyer.

I am under investigation and suspended from work. I know that it is only a matter of time before I'm contacted.

If you have no prior criminal background, strong ties to your community, don't admit anything to the police, and avoid additional trouble while this EVENT develops; chances are you're likely to get some sort of suspended sentence, community service, formal probation, participate in counseling, agree to make restitution, and this will disappear.

If you're even charged.

Your don't want publicity, neither does most employers (as long as you haven't made or continue to make enemies.

I have defended several people faced with a similar predicament.

Michigan is struggling to pay its bills, and collect tax revenues sufficient to pay its obligations.

Your state, as are most states, don't want to waste a prison bed with a "white collar perpetrator".

Embezzlers pose no threat to children, are generally non-violent, lack pigmentation, often have no criminal record, and tend to make great candidates not to become a recidivist of crime.

So, you were wise to obtain counsel.
When the police arrive, IF THE POLICE arrive, you simply say, "Sorry, under advice of counsel I invoke my right to remain silent."

You cooperate with the arrest, the booking, provide personal details (name, date of birth, address, marital status, and other biographical details. Be polite, but don't say anything about the charges.

You, as are all, criminal defendants are innocent until proven guilty.

It is the state's duty to PROVE you embezzled a dollar.
It is your duty NOT to help them, and simply shut up.

It might be wise to seek therapy from a psychiatrist or pschologist, or speak to a religious officiant (if you are a member of a religious organization).

You should discuss this with yoru lawyer, but under no circumstances admit to anything, yes, anything.

A lawyer will have a difficult time defending you if you tell her, "Yeah, I stole $100,000 and raped a three day old baby."

So, do not admit to committing any crime.
By the way, a good lawyer will never ask you if you "did it".

Last thing, talk to a bail bondsman about potentially going your bond.
Even if you can make bond, its good to know what judges in your county set as bond for this type of offense.

Also, watch this video, to reinforce the prime directive, "DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR CASE WITH ANYONE, especially LAW ENFORCEMENT:

If you have no prior criminal background, strong ties to your community, don't admit anything to the police, and avoid additional trouble while this EVENT develops; chances are you're likely to get some sort of suspended sentence, community service, formal probation, participate in counseling, agree to make restitution, and this will disappear.

If you're even charged.

Your don't want publicity, neither does most employers (as long as you haven't made or continue to make enemies.

I have defended several people faced with a similar predicament.

Michigan is struggling to pay its bills, and collect tax revenues sufficient to pay its obligations.

Your state, as are most states, don't want to waste a prison bed with a "white collar perpetrator".

Embezzlers pose no threat to children, are generally non-violent, lack pigmentation, often have no criminal record, and tend to make great candidates not to become a recidivist of crime.

So, you were wise to obtain counsel.
When the police arrive, IF THE POLICE arrive, you simply say, "Sorry, under advice of counsel I invoke my right to remain silent."

You cooperate with the arrest, the booking, provide personal details (name, date of birth, address, marital status, and other biographical details. Be polite, but don't say anything about the charges.

You, as are all, criminal defendants are innocent until proven guilty.

It is the state's duty to PROVE you embezzled a dollar.
It is your duty NOT to help them, and simply shut up.

It might be wise to seek therapy from a psychiatrist or pschologist, or speak to a religious officiant (if you are a member of a religious organization).

You should discuss this with yoru lawyer, but under no circumstances admit to anything, yes, anything.

A lawyer will have a difficult time defending you if you tell her, "Yeah, I stole $100,000 and raped a three day old baby."

So, do not admit to committing any crime.
By the way, a good lawyer will never ask you if you "did it".

Last thing, talk to a bail bondsman about potentially going your bond.
Even if you can make bond, its good to know what judges in your county set as bond for this type of offense.

Also, watch this video, to reinforce the prime directive, "DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR CASE WITH ANYONE, especially LAW ENFORCEMENT:
Thanks for the response very helpful. I'm going to ask my attorney office if they have contacted my employer yet

Back