Emancipation

Sky123

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I am currently 16 years of age and will be 17 in four months, I have a job and am able to pay my own bills I have a way of going and I mom currently made sure I own my own house that she does not live in with me, I'm under foster care by my cousin and her husband.I would like to emancipate myself so I can get out from under her because they mentally and verbally abuse me I'm the only girl out of four children I have three brothers they have had all of us I have two older ones who have already turned 18 and moved out my oldest one has asked our social worker when he was 17 if he could emancipate him self and she told him no, I've asked friends and others if I could do so they said yes but my school concealer said no as long as someone is getting paid for me I don't want to do this just for boyfriend reasons, or anything childish I've lived with them for going on 8 years now I have plenty of my own reasons, they have put me in my mom's life for 6 months or more I would do something wrong and rebell against her rules she took me from her for a year I understand she has legal rights to do so but in that time she tried to turn me against my mom I also have a little brother she has full custody of the both of us the government does pay her in which we don't see any of that money she finally put my mom back in my life and threatenes to take her away from me relatively... And inside I always have anxiety feeling like I always have to walk on eggshells with them. I have the urge to runaway but in the end I don't want to have a runaway record on me I have a very good record in school I'm an honors student with college classes I stopped having a social life when I hit the end of my sophmore year currently a junior I've lost all my friends I no intrest of having a social life because they manipulate me in a way that I feel I can't have anyone or they take everything away from me.

Without the consent of parents/guardians, you cannot get emancipated in Georgia.

I am currently 16 years of age and will be 17 in four months, I have a job and am able to pay my own bills I have a way of going and I mom currently made sure I own my own house that she does not live in with me, I'm under foster care by my cousin and her husband.I would like to emancipate myself so I can get out from under her because they mentally and verbally abuse me I'm the only girl out of four children I have three brothers they have had all of us I have two older ones who have already turned 18 and moved out my oldest one has asked our social worker when he was 17 if he could emancipate him self and she told him no, I've asked friends and others if I could do so they said yes but my school concealer said no as long as someone is getting paid for me I don't want to do this just for boyfriend reasons, or anything childish I've lived with them for going on 8 years now I have plenty of my own reasons, they have put me in my mom's life for 6 months or more I would do something wrong and rebell against her rules she took me from her for a year I understand she has legal rights to do so but in that time she tried to turn me against my mom I also have a little brother she has full custody of the both of us the government does pay her in which we don't see any of that money she finally put my mom back in my life and threatenes to take her away from me relatively... And inside I always have anxiety feeling like I always have to walk on eggshells with them. I have the urge to runaway but in the end I don't want to have a runaway record on me I have a very good record in school I'm an honors student with college classes I stopped having a social life when I hit the end of my sophmore year currently a junior I've lost all my friends I no intrest of having a social life because they manipulate me in a way that I feel I can't have anyone or they take everything away from me.

You will be EMANCIPATED by operation of law in ONE YEAR and FOUR MONTHS, which coincidentally will be your 18th birthday.

Odd, ain't it?

About ten years ago, the GA legislature deliberately went out of their way to change the requirements for emancipation of a minor. Their deliberate intent was to make it so difficult for a minor to be emancipated that it is now next door to impossible. The GA government DOES NOT WANT minors to be emancipated and they are quite deliberately going out of their way to make it as hard as possible. I see nothing in your post to suggest that you will be an exception.

Back