Emancipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Police

I'm 16 soon to be 17 my mom has kicked me out several times and I seen to always end up back home the police are on my side but have almost no choice but to send me back home CPS has been called on my mom several times I'm look to become emancipated I am aware of several things I will need to get done in order to have this happen but I would like to know exactly what I need to do and how I should do it

New York apparently has no set procedure for the emancipation of minors. In general, you can be considered emancipated if ...

· You are over the age of 16

· You do not live with either of your parents (unless you live away from home only because of school, camp, college, or other temporary situation)

· You do not receive any financial support from your parents (unless a court has ordered them to pay you support or you only receive benefits that you are entitled to, such as Social Security)

· You have your own job as your main source of income

It may be more practical to simply wait until you are 18 unless you can work out an arrangement with your parents to allow you to stay somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back