emancipate myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissawebb17

Hello I'm 17 and I'm looking at emancipating myself. I know you might say "get over it" but I'm not in the easiest situation. I don't live with my parents cause of alcohol and abusive issues and I'm having a hard time registering myself at a school due to the fact that my parents called and said they don't want me there cause there shocked I finally left and they dont support it at all witch is kinda understandable. I need help I've been everywhere trying to find a way around this and this is the only way. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. My attendance at school isn't strong due to issues at home. And I'm trying to get that on track. Children's aid is involved with my little brother. Please help me.

Reply as soon as possible please and thank you
(deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed your name from your post for your own protection. If your user name is your real name, it would have been best you had not used it. I can't remove your user name.

Since this is "mainly" a US law forum, I'm going to pass on attempting to answer your question. Someone else may come along who can help you. Otherwise, you can try a Canadian law forum.

They can't help you like getting involved but they can maybe help you by answering your question re can you get emancipated....... In the US you would have to be able to support yourself completely & other various things.

You can probably do a google search for information on emancipation in Ontario. .... But, like I said, someone here may come along & furnish you with some information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back