Consumer Law, Warranties Email Agreements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotswindled

Hey there,
This is a long story but I'll try to keep it short. I worked for a large health club for many years. I left the company to open a wellness company that would work with this health club selling their memberships to our clients. They did not know I was starting the company as my business partner was handling all of the communication via email regarding prices of memberships and what not. I did not want to jeopardize my job or my business by having a confict of interest. I left the health club when we were ready to "go live". After selling quite a few memberships the health club backed out. We have roughly 30 email communications confirming the quantity, rate, and future purchase price of the memberships. We had to refund all the memberships we sold and can no longer do business with the health club. The entire business was structured around membership revenue with this health club. It looks like we will have to shut down. This has damaged our relationships with the people we sold to, our cooperative business partners, and our entry into the community. Do I have a case? If you think so, can I claim projected revenue from our business plan?
Thanks for the thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back