Eeoc finds quilt of retaliation and discrimination

Debra Miller

Jurisdiction
Ohio
In May of 2017 I contacted the EEOC I explained and I was retaliated against by a certain company dad had done retaliated on me prior in 2013 after 3 years in the EEOC in investigations I was called yesterday by the EEOC investigator and told did they were going to call the employer and ask him to resolve it before it goes any farther I was called again today by the same investigator in the EEOC and was told that they would contact today to the employer and tell him that the EEOC has found them guilty of discrimination and retaliation I would like to speak with the lawyer and ask if I'm entitled to anything more than my back wages at this point

In May of 2017 I contacted the EEOC I explained and I was retaliated against by a certain company dad had done retaliated on me prior in 2013 after 3 years in the EEOC in investigations I was called yesterday by the EEOC investigator and told did they were going to call the employer and ask him to resolve it before it goes any farther I was called again today by the same investigator in the EEOC and was told that they would contact today to the employer and tell him that the EEOC has found them guilty of discrimination and retaliation I would like to speak with the lawyer and ask if I'm entitled to anything more than my back wages at this point

The EEOC does not determine "guilt" of an employer. Indeed the laws the EEOC enforces are not criminal laws so there is never any actual guilt involved. The EEOC may determine in the course of its investigation that it concludes that the employer likely did illegally discriminate against you. But unless the EEOC decides to litigate the matter for you (which is very rare) all you'll get from the EEOC in the end is a "right to sue" letter that tells you the EEOC has finished its investigation and decided not to sue the employer and that you have 90 days to file a lawsuit against the employer yourself.

So contact a lawyer or two in Ohio who litigate illegal discrimination claims against employers to review your situation and see if you have a good case to bring and what amount of damages you might be able to claim in the lawsuit.

Back