ebay: item not sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidT

I paid for an item on ebay via bank transfer, and he's not sent goods or replied to any of my emails since the payment went through. i have the persons sort code and account number, how would i go about trying to recoup this money? ebay has a protection program but it says i'll only be entitled to £105 back.... where i'd like £165. i dont really want to lose £60.

The person i paid the money to was called jody halliday, whereas the name on the ebay account is harold dunn. im not entirely sure how to go about it.... whether to take them to court or contact a debt collection agency.
your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

you are using the Pound Sterling sign. Is this guy in Britain?

If he is in the U.S. you would neet to find out his whereabouts and then you can sue him in small claims court. I don't know if there is anything like s.c.c. in Britain. Of course you can sue him in regular court anyway. But to file suit you usually need to have name and address to serve. Otherwise chances to collect are very slim.

I would say this;

before you go down any route involving debt collection, bear in mind that you may be paying for this from your own back pocket and as such beware that you may end up paying more than you were ripped off to begin with :mad:

You could possibly contact a PI agency to attempt to locate him?

If you choose any of these options then make sure that you monitor the costs!

JJ. :)

Hello,
I too have been conned by this guy.
Can you email with all details you have on him. Thanks
grooverider_uk@hotmail.com

Originally posted by David-T
I paid for an item on ebay via bank transfer, and he's not sent goods or replied to any of my emails since the payment went through. i have the persons sort code and account number, how would i go about trying to recoup this money? ebay has a protection program but it says i'll only be entitled to £105 back.... where i'd like £165. i dont really want to lose £60.

The person i paid the money to was called jody halliday, whereas the name on the ebay account is harold dunn. im not entirely sure how to go about it.... whether to take them to court or contact a debt collection agency.
Thanks
Dave

The ebay fraud problem is discussed here constantly. You should do a search and you'll find some very long threads with some great recommendations. You first would have to locate the proper person to take to court and this can be difficult. There may already be open investigations into this person -- note that your wire transfer information is a great piece of information to have in an attempt to locate this person. In fact, if you file in a small claims type court (not sure in the UK), in the US you can get a subpoena very easily compelling the bank to provide you with the information as to the individual who received the money, and, you might even be able to freeze the account for the amount owed. Do a search here and best of luck...

Thanks
Dave

If you look again at the Small Claims Forum and look at the thread called Ebay Fraud, you will find all the detials of what, how and where to take action on this in the UK.

The first thing to do is establish who it actually was that committed the act and we would be interested in where the emails are coming from.

Can you post Ebay item numbers and ID names etc?

Thanks,

MA

Thanks
Dave

Me too!!!

Hi David,
I've just been conned also by Jody Halliday!!!

Did you get anywhere with it?

If I find anything out I'd be delighted to let you know.

Cheers
Gordon

Jody Halliday

I was cheated by the same person 10 days ago and didn't realise it until I found this forum. I paid via bank transfer and
I heard the bank can recover the money but they
need police report. I don't how true this is but will check from my bank.
Will let you know if I got something new...

glj0e

Jody Halliday

Hi. I have also been conned by this person and only realised this when I found this forum. I also paid for the Ebay item by bank transfer via Barclays on the 10th of August and haven't heard from the seller since. Has anybody had any success in recovering their money? The details I have of the person are:

Ebay ID: pattflynn
Email: flynn_corp@yahoo.co.uk

Jody Halliday
6 Seamer House
Idle
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD10 9JD

Jody Halliday
Lloyds TSB Bank
Account no: 10654168
Sort Code: 77-71-62

Jody Halliday - Alias Ross Fallon?

I have just "won" a bid from a seller called Ross Fallon. Interestingly the email from ebay confirming my "win" stated

"You have agreed to purchase the following eBay item from ronnfen (R cook - Bradford United Kingdom) on 31-Aug-04 13:42:11 BST:"

An email from fencook@yahoo.co.uk provided:-

"Hello there!!

You won my auction!!!

Lets sort out the payment details that i will accept as stated on my auction.

Bank transfer----account details below.
cash sent by post--------recorded special delivery please.
cash paid into my bank account----account details below.
cheque
Postal Orders

Please send any postal payments to;
Ross Fallon
6 Seamer House
Idle
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD10 9JD

My bank details are;
Ross Fallon
Halifax Bank
Account no: 00583270
Sort Code: 11-06-96

I would love to recieve positive feedback from you and i will return the gesture.

Thank You in advance!!!!

Regards

Ross...."

Thanks to the detail in this forum - particularly the address, I have decided not to send any money at all and also advised another winner of another of his items to see this forum.

I appreciate that this could be a mistake and this guy could be genuine but his ebay account is new, the name is inconsistent with the email from Ebay and the postal address is the same as previous reports in this forum. It all seems a bit coincidental.

Thanks guys'n'gals for your contributions here. I am sorry that this info wasn't around to stop you losing money. Hopefully there is enough detail to help others.

Thanks again.

Steve

"

Re: Jody Halliday - Alias Ross Fallon?

Originally posted by steve2218
I have just "won" a bid from a seller called Ross Fallon. Interestingly the email from ebay confirming my "win" stated

send any postal payments to;
Ross Fallon
6 Seamer House
Idle
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD10 9JD

My bank details are;
Ross Fallon
Halifax Bank
Account no: 00583270
Sort Code: 11-06-96

I would love to recieve positive feedback from you and i will return the gesture.

Thank You in advance!!!!

Regards

Ross...."

Thanks guys'n'gals for your contributions here. I am sorry that this info wasn't around to stop you losing money. Hopefully there is enough detail to help others.

Thanks again.

Steve

"

Can't people just turn up at his doorsteps and ask for the money back?
I nearly sent my money to a guy in London who was selling the latest mobile phone for just under 300 pounds (the listed price is 500 pounds)
these people should be caught!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back