EBAY 9 Counts of Theft over $500 & 1 Count over $1000 NEED HELP URGENTLY PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp2007

I, along with two other family members, have been charged with:
9 counts of theft over $500 and 1 count of theft over $1000 over an EBAY AUCTION

This is the fault of one of the many 'friends' that use our household computer, yet we are being charged with this and he is not(as far as I know).
The only way that I am in this is because I was the one here when the detectives come(when we first learned of this whole thing) and I am the one they talked to and they took down my name. That is it. Nothing is in my name, absolutely nothing. I wasnt even here most of the time when 'the family friend' came to use the computer. But I do know that the detective does not like me for some strange reason.

Should I file a Title 40 diversion? Im not really sure what that is, but someone suggested it.
What can I do that is foolproof..that will get me out of this without a doubt.?

I have more info in depth if someone is interested in helping me. I need all the help I can get, as I was appointed a public defender that has 200 other clients aside from me, that he has to handle by my court date in July.
The detective that I referred to above(that doesnt like me) accidentally sent me an email that he was sending to one of the alledged 'victims' and he was saying alot of bad things about me and my family and I wrote him back to let him know that he sent that email to me as well as the alledged 'victim' and he was really mad & embarrassed about that. He brought that up when he arrested me, he said "you think you're so smart, dont you?"

PLEASE ANYONE, Give me some legal advice.

Thanks for reading this,
'NeedHelp2007'

Print out the email and give to your lawyer. If you can't afford another lawyer there is not much advice anyone could you. Do they know of the "family friend and can you prove it was that person and not you? Like an alibi for the times the computer was used and you weren't there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back