Assault & Battery early termination and expungement of a criminal domestic violence case

Status
Not open for further replies.

My husband was found guilty of
243 (E) (1) PC on 10/19/2010 .He was put on summary probation for three years with terms and conditions and fines.
On 3/31/2013 in front of the police department for exchange of our 14
year old son for limited visitation. For unknown reasons charges at me and yelling and cussing and baging on the window of my car for me to rool it down . I never made eye contact with him and ignored his behavior while trying to reach for my son who is exiting the vehicle and now is yelling at his father to stop yelling at me and to leave me alone. there's much more to this situation.
It was just brought to my attention on 4/08/2013 Only eight days after that incident in front of the police department he filed a motion with the court asking for an early termination of probation an expungement of conviction. I informed my attorney on March 31st of the situation at the police department. The next day at my attorney's office I handed him the incident number and the business card of the Watch Commander regarding this incident.in April my attorney was in court on two different occasions regarding the dilution of marriage family law case with opposing counselon April 22/2013 the court granted section 1203.3 of the Penal Code
Section 1203.4 was granted.
I just found out my attorney had full knowledge of all this and that I no longer had a restraining order to protect me. when I questioned my attorneyhe informed me that he had obtained a copy of the proceedings from the court house I asked him why he did not inform me of any of this information he had no answer.
My question is, What can I do now? And shouldn't have my attorney informed me immediately when he found out? This was a 22year long marrage. With one other reported domestic violence.
please someone can give me some information and information of what I can possibly do to protect myself.
thank you
California mom

Apparently, there is no need for you to obtain court ordered protection. He yelled at you in March. This is July. We are not going to advise you to lie to the court.

Hello,
#1 I would not lie . #2 You may need to re-read my thread. ( I just found out. ) I thought that when the restraining order neard its expiration in October 2013 is when I would have a chance to speak to the court and ask for a extension on the restraining order given the past behavior.
But my other question was,
who should have informed me of fact he went days after and asked the court for early termination an expungement and it was granted . My attorney had this informationshould he is not informed me I am his client as well the district attorney should have given me notice so that I would have the opportunity to appear at the court date. I am someone's daughter I am someone's mother. Your rude reply was not needed.

I do agree that you should have been informed of the court proceedings & outcome. The only thing I know is to talk to your attorney (or maybe a different one) about getting some additional court ordered protection.

Someone else may come along with some additional/other information (suggestions) for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back