E Visa E-2 Visa Processing... Is it my Attorney or the US Government who are not working ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrera67

07-01-2011

Hi there... Can anyone please assist me with this issue?

I applied in California in November of last year, for an E-2 Visa on the basis that I had researched the requirements, I could show funding and had previously applied for and been successfully granted H-1 & O-1 Visa's. I've never had any problems with US Visa's and I've never before experienced the kinds of problems that I am now.

The Attorney who I chose to have represent my case, said to me "Yes", based upon my Business Concept, Track record, my Qualifications & Experience and my Funding... "If you apply for this Visa you should have no problems in having it approved."

In advance of applying he advised me to set up my proposed Business... to get it going and to produce a more complete Business Plan. I was concerned about taking this action prior to actually getting a Visa but he explained that this was a very good approach in that I would be able to show & document spending and the legitimacy of the business... all good for my case. OK... I thought, the guy seems to know what he's talking about. Having checked out my Attorney for his legitimacy... he seemed OK... I went ahead with the plan.

Whilst in the States I set about creating my New Business, the Business Plan, working upon the logistics required, creating the contacts that I didn't already have, spending tens of thousands of dollars upon computers and infrastructure and working upon my product range. Designs, Patent Protection, Trademarks, Engineering, Manufacturing Partners...

The Visa was submitted to the USCIS by my attorney, to the best of my knowledge, in November 2010. I was in the States and working upon my company through to March 30th 2011, by which time, my attorney had assured me I would have my new Visa.

He then told me it would be a few further weeks, as it had already been "Approved" at his end. That time limit came and went and he told me a month or two, which also came and went. It's now three months since I left the States and a total of 8 months since we applied for the Visa.

My New Business is now on its knees. My US Partners have found other things to do, the momentum and the money... (A lot of it !! My life's savings) It all seems to be in great peril right now. This whole exercise, if not yet... soon... could ruin me.

My attorney, who rarely responds to my E-mails and who will not take my calls, just keeps fobbing me off. In desperation, I enquired with a friend who works with the US Customs service. She told me that this type of Visa was out of her juristiction but that she could enquire at least about processing times. It seems that I should have had at least a Visa Case Number within two to four weeks of submission.

Well... In the past week, after hounding my attorney with E-mails and Calls, he has now finally told me that, at this point..... I DO NOT YET HAVE A VISA CASE NUMBER !!!

His response... "As of today your case has not reached the National Visa Center for a visa case number to be issued. Once it does, you will have a number which you can check with by dialing the National Visa Hot-line. I am working diligently to resolve your case as I am aware it has taken too long of the process to complete. I have made repeated attempts to get them move your case to National Visa Center." He goes on to mention "some sort of an issue that requires immediate attention". I am not aware of ANY issue and he is not forthcoming with any information.

All in all, I have a sinking feeling. Either my Attorney is Lying to me, being Negligent, or, as he suggests... the US Immigration service are just so backlogged that my case is being used as someone's "Footwarmer". I don't know where to go from here and I can't do business with my new company because all of my valuable equipment is in the United States.... and costing me money as we speak !!!

Can anybody out there please advise me as to what I can do to fix this situation ????

Many Thanks...

I just realized your question wasn't answered. Hopefully your situation has been resolved. Ironically, I just received an email from a concerned friend in the same situation except, in that case, the attorney never told the client that the attorney didn't actually make a timely filing and hence the reason for a significant delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back