dyfs case

Status
Not open for further replies.

smk7571

i am looking for a lawyer in nj to take on dyfs they are destroying our lives this has been going on for 4 years. a year and a half after we had a house fire which i lost my youngest son they will not let my fiancee live at home. there is alot involved in my case which is closed by dyfs but my fiancee is still not allowed home because they want him to goto iop classes and admit he did some thing wrong, when he didn't the fire was ruled accidental

I am really sorry to hear about the death of your child. We are obviously missing alot of details here. Does your fiancee have a record of any kind? A death was involved here so this makes it an extremely serious case. Honestly if my fiancee did something that caused the death of one of my kids, even if its accidental, he would be out permanently. Did a cigarette cause the fire? You need to figure out if this guy is worth it or not. Ever thought that maybe it's time to ditch the guy and focus on your kids?

DYFS obviously thinks this guy is a risk to your kids. The death of your child was linked to his negligence somehow.

I really doubt an attorney is going to help much, you'll have to call around but when they find out a death of a child is involved here, they are reluctant to go up against DYFS.

Last edited:
I really do feel for you. I am going through the same thing with DYFS but not as serious. But this is the second time they have opened a case on us. First case was closed. Now 3 years later that my rebellious 15 year old wants to do what he wants and we as parents won't allow he has made allegations that my husband beats him and I. If that was the case I would have left my husband a the first time if it ever happened. But I am now retaining a lawyer because I will not let them tear my family apart which them seem to love to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back