Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DWI in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipsts

I am guilty of DWI in Oct of 2003 (in the State of TX). I realize my insurance is going to skyrocket. I currently insure my wife and 18 year old daughter. What is the best way for me to minimize my costs. Should I insure only myself on a vehicle with just liability and let my life register for seperate insurance. Til now I had been with my insurance Co for years and was under the preferred customer status. That has all but diasappeared...even for my wife. I could sure use some advice.

P.S. What is an SR 22...is this required for me to get my insurance renewed once my priviledges are resotred or a "kind of insurance " for those who are otherwise un-nsurable.
Stranded in TX
:confused:

I think that this question is best answered by someone in the insurance business as this is not really a legal question. I wish I could be of more help...

My understanding is that SR-22 insurance is used if your license is canceled and then restored and which requires an insurance company to continuously update the state with regard to the status of your policy, e.g. active, inactive, modified, etc.
Originally posted by phillipsts
I am guilty of DWI in Oct of 2003 (in the State of TX). I realize my insurance is going to skyrocket. I currently insure my wife and 18 year old daughter. What is the best way for me to minimize my costs. Should I insure only myself on a vehicle with just liability and let my life register for seperate insurance. Til now I had been with my insurance Co for years and was under the preferred customer status. That has all but diasappeared...even for my wife. I could sure use some advice.

P.S. What is an SR 22...is this required for me to get my insurance renewed once my priviledges are resotred or a "kind of insurance " for those who are otherwise un-nsurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back