DWI Hit and run case suggestions needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb40

Hello,
I have recently been charged with DWI and a hit and run case! I am wanting to know if anyone knows the penalties and or things that will help me in court! First off this is my first offense, i cooperated with the police did'nt deny breath test and admitted to the accident! Now the insurance company is saying 3 people filed a claim when I know there was only one car involved in the accident to my recollection! Only too get a call from insurance saying there was two cars involved and that there were now 3 claims almost a month later. I am not in any way condoning or trying to get out of what I did but it seems to me the person I hit which did not go directly to the hospital is just sturring this up I could be wrong and I am not a lawyer I am just wondering what i should do to take the next step in finding out what happened i called the sheriffs office and they were drawing blanks as well and am now waiting on a call from the arresting officer! I know what I did was wrong and already am taking measures to improve my sobriety of free will devoting myself to AA which my mother was already a member of! I am sorry for my crime but my main question is will they be harsh on me without a lawyer? Will a public defender help me in this matter or is it worth spending for a lawyer? I have court in 5 days so any suggestions will be considered a gift im at aloss in what to do!!!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back