dui

rjscharrer

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Someone turned me in for drinking and driving. He said I walked in the bar staggering and laughing. I had just picked up a friend who was drunk and was laughing at him. This guy that called the cops on me, never approached me. I went in the bar and had a few drinks.. the cops came and arrested me. How can they charge me with what my BAC read, when I was drinking after driving

Someone turned me in for drinking and driving. He said I walked in the bar staggering and laughing. I had just picked up a friend who was drunk and was laughing at him. This guy that called the cops on me, never approached me. I went in the bar and had a few drinks.. the cops came and arrested me. How can they charge me with what my BAC read, when I was drinking after driving

How?

Because they can, and they did.

If you believe the arrest was improper, you make that argument in court.

How can they charge me with what my BAC read, when I was drinking after driving

The "how" is explained by the "did."

The allegation was made. You had your car with you. You drank. Your BAC confirmed that you drank. The presumption is that you were under the influence when you drove.

I don't see how you can prove otherwise but feel free to spend a few thousand on a lawyer to try to make that defense for you.

The reason people get DUIs is because they are stupid enough to drive to the bar instead of leaving the car at home.

My ex husband told me that all of his DUIs he got were because someone called him in. He never got pulled over by the cop. He has had four...

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Back