Criminal Law DUI Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudgeplanet

I was under probation for DUI a couple of months ago when I decided to hire an attorney to see if I may be able to get my citizenship. I was honest about my situation and asked if that would affect my chances of getting it. He said that it shouldn't be a big issue because it's a misdemeanor but he said to just give it a shot and see what happens. Days before my interview, his secretary informed me that he will not be able to make it with me to my interview but they are referring me to his associate who helps out when he's not available. The second atty. called me and interviewed me over the phone. He was very up front with me regarding my situation and said that I will be denied. However, he just told me to go anyway since I already paid Immigration but just not to expect too much. The second lawyer went with me and tried to plead my case but the Immigration officer said that there's nothing that he could do. I feel like I was mislead by my original atty and that I shouldn't even pay him for the rest of the fee since he knew ahead of time that I will be denied. What should I do?

I'm a little confused - sorry for the late reply. Why did the second attorney say you will definitely be denied? Why did the Immigration officer deny you? In order to help, we need specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back