Naturalization, Citizenship Dual citizenship with Italy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

garycascio

Howdy:
I am looking into obtaining dual citizenship with Italy. According to what I can tell, I am eligible because my grandfather came from Sicily and when my father was born, my grandfather had not yet become a naturalized citizen. Here are the requirements I believe I fall under:
"Your father was born in your native country, your paternal grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, and neither you nor your father ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship. If citizenship is acquired by birth in your country and you meet all these conditions, you qualify for Italian citizenship jure sanguinis."
Good so far . . . except for one thing. "neither you nor your father ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship". I know I haven't, but I am wondering if my father being in the US military during WWll, as a part of his enlistment, it was required to take an allegiance to the US and renounce citizenship in another country. I am not familiar with the enlistment procedures for being in the US military then.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Gary Cascio

The quick thing to do here is ask the Italian embassy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back