Criminal Law Dual Citizen Probation Violator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

123_

My Wife Was Born Outside The Usa But Was Naturalized In The Us As A Minor. While On Federal Probation Unbeknownst To Federal Authorities, She Left To Return To Her Country Of Birth With Plans Never To Return To The Us And Hoping To Give Up Her Us Citizenship.

I Am A Us Citizen, Born In The Us, Who Also Obtained Citizenship To The Country Of My Father's Birth. We Plan To Travel There. My Questions Are:

Is It Safe And Is She Already Considered A Probation Violator If They Don't Know That She Left The Us?

Is She Still Considred A Us Citizen If She Registered To Vote In Her Birth Country And Does That Make A Difference?

Thanks For Your Reply.

When you refer to her being on federal probation, this was in relation to her conviction for a federal criminal offense? If she violated federal probation, she can anticipate being arrested if she attempts to return to the United States.

Hi aaronl. Thanks for your reply. We have no plans of returning to the states because my wife was innocent of the crime she was found guilty of and we couldn't afford proper legal representation. We would like to travel, however, to the country of my father's birth where I've already obtained my dual citizenship. If my wife travels with me there using her non-US passport from her contry of birth, will she be detained there or in a stop-over country? It's quite a confusing situation and I would appreciate all the help that I can get. Thanks again.

If the stop is within U.S. territory, it's hard to say - it's possible she would be detained. If not, it's normally highly unlikely (but I don't know what the charges were, so....)

Thanks again.

Thanks again aaronl. I appreciate your help. The crime that she was convicted but innocent of was a nonviolent white collar offense. Do you or anyone else out there happen to have any ideas of how I should go about obtaining the answers to my questions while remaining anonymous? Whom do you think I should contact, if anyone, in the countries we are planning to travel to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back