1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Drug test

Discussion in 'Hiring, Applications, Background Checks' started by mangle, Feb 26, 2018.

1. mangle

mangle Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Ohio
    Took a urine test for a job it came back invalid when I went back they wanted to watch me pee can they legally do that and can I say no

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Of course you can deny the test proctor the pleasure watching you urinate.

If you do, I suggest you look for another potential employer.

Some employers will request a candidate for employment to submit a hair clipping for a follicle test.

If you're shy about being monitored while you urinate, you might offer to submit a hair clipping.

However, hair follicle testing is considered less invasive for illegal drug consumption and covers a longer period of time in the past than does a urine sample.

Bottom line, you are seeking to work for Employer XYZ.

If you dislike their rules, you can move on before this goes too far.

3. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

What does "invalid" mean in this context?

You obviously can say anything you want, but who are "they"? I assume this has something to do with your efforts to obtain a job, but is it a private employer? A governmental entity?