Drop outwit out my consent because of high school trainscripts

A

Anecia

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Strayer university is claiming that I own them 4642 dollars for classes that they drop me out of involuntary when I haven't been in school for no more than a few weeks. They said it was because they couldn't get my transcripts from my high school and they were trying to get in contact with my school when I went down there to talk to them I ask if they wanted me to just get it my self and they told me they will take care of it. A yr pass and no word then I get an email last year stating that I owe this amount I then quickly sent an email back and went through an ton of back and fourth with the campus Director and after all that work she said that she will call me when the process is all done and that I was at the top of the list I even email my school to get a letter from them stating that it is a high school (it's a tech high school) . I recieved no called the this week they sent me another email that I owe that amount again after another yr of no communication I saved all the emails that recieve from them showing that I did all they asked of me with dates. Can I take them to court? and if so for what? Is it a good idea?

It is really hard to follow this story as your grammar is so poor. You tried to enroll in Strayer and signed up for classes, pending HS transcript verification. Nothing at all unusual there. Strayer would not allow you to pick up and deliver the transcript yourself. I know of no college who doesn't require the official transcript to come directly from the school. Classes started and when a few weeks in there was still no transcript, you were dropped from your courses. This was after the date to drop classes and receive a refund so you owe the total amount for the semester. Nothing unusual there either. Now 2 years later, you have not paid the fees/tuition, and the school says you still owe for them, which you do.

What exactly do you think there is to sue over? You/your school didn't supply a required document to remain enrolled. You got billed for courses you signed up for and didn't drop until after the deadline to request a refund. You took up a spot for the duration of the course.

Ditto on the grammar. I seriously hope that this was typed using voice dictation from a mobile phone. Because if it wasn't, this is nowhere near College level English. That aside, I'm unaware of accredited colleges that allow entry into classes pending verification from high school. In all instances which I have had experience, and I'm not involved much in Academia, transcripts and other requirements needed to be in prior to making a decision for entry. And usually these deadlines were long before the date classes we're scheduled to begin. I just have to wonder whether we're hearing the entire story or perhaps there is a big part that may be missing.

Because most incoming students must accept enrollment prior to the end of their senior year of high school, colleges grant provisional acceptance but require that final transcript, with those final grades and proof of graduation, before classes begin.

Back