Driving Without Privileges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickedge

I was driving home from work yesterday, I live in Idaho Falls, ID which is in Bonneville county, but I was working in Rexburg, ID which is in Madison county. as I drove home I was going about 7 miles over the speed limit and an officer pulled me over. everything was going fine, he was just going to let me go with a warning after he ran my license. Well he ran it and it came back suspended. last july I was in Pocatello which is in Bannock county Idaho and I got a speeding ticket while working for my dad, well since I was working for him he agreed to pay it, well he never did and moved out of state, now I know this was my responsibility to take care of but Bannock county contacted the state of Nevada who then suspended my license for the unpaid citation, this I did not know since I moved to Idaho and was no longer at my address in Nevada, I have yet to change my license over to an Idaho license, well the cop took my license and gave me a misdemeanor and a court date of august 26th this incident took place yesterday friday the 8th. Im just wondering what I have to look forward to, should I get a lawyer I cant really afford one at this point in my life, I also cant afford to not be able to drive to work. Idaho law states if you drive without privileges it is a misdemeanor punishable by not less than two days jail time but not a maximum of six months and not exceeding fines of 1000 and 6 months suspended license, if I get the jail time I will lose my job. Im only 20 and make about 9.50 an hour at my full time job. Im not asking for pity just advice. I can probably barely afford the court fees coming up let alone lawyer fees and fines

Your dad should have paying the ticket will not help you legally, plead your case to the judge tell the whole story and you will have to pay both tickets and maybe a weekend in jail if your lucky. best think to do is just to plead your case to the judge.

Borrow the money if you have to and get the old ticket paid and a letter from the court. Then you will have to contact the Nevada DMV and get your license reinstated. Then you can get a continuance of your current ticket and save up some money. Just don't forget about it. This is going to be an expensive lesson since you can expect your insurance to triple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back