Driving While Revoked in IA without notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdonm

I live in Des Moines, IA and recently recieved a 2nd OWI. I was granted a stay on my license so i would be able to drive until the DOT notified me otherwise. I was in a state park, and a cop pulled up and ran my license and it was revoked already, and i had not been notified by the DOT. They took my girlfriend into one of the squat cars without reading her rights to her, and she said i drove it there. they asked me if i drove to the park and i had said yes, but i was unaware that my license had been revoked. they asked to search the car, and i allowed them to because there was nothing in it. They took me to jail (without reading me my rights either), fingerprinted me, and then released me on my own recognisence, and brought me back to my car and my girlfriend drove the car back to my house. They released me because they believed that i was telling the truth about not knowing and i was extremely cooperative with them, but wouldnt get rid of the ticket. The court date is schedualed in Knoxville, IA 60 miles away from where i live, and i have no means of transportation that can get me down to that court house. Is there anything i can do that would require me not to be present without a warrent being issued for my arrest? Could i have the citation transfered to another county closer to where i live? And do i have any chance of having the citation surpressed because i never recieved notification from the department of transportation that my license was revoked and that the stay of my license had ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back