Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Driving under influence alchool, dismise. But, search found fake id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homofilio

Scenario: :confused:

1) Designated driver :D

* Had one drink

* No prior crimial afense

2) Pull over

* Was told breat test wasn't necessary. Busted! : eek :

* Officer when and search into automobile ; found fake Id.

3) First charge was dismise from officer -- Alchool level in CA, allow by law - But the fake id charge was not dismissed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Consequences:

driver had a fake id to get into the bars, no to steal identities or nothing. The main reason for search into atomobile was driving under influence. Dismiss. Now has another charge: Fake Id. The person it's 21yo now. But, there's not prior criminal history of proof drinking and driving , or just drinking using fake Id.

Questions: What should Do? Person knows it's guilty for having a fake Id on automobile. What may happen if the person now it's 21 yo? do I'm going Jail for first offense? should I be judge as an adult ? would they dismiss the case taking in consideration not proof of using the Id? But there was possetion of that document which incriminates this person. Should this individual plea guilty? If this happen in California, for this case can be arbitration of plea bargain? WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN? THANKS...

pS. COURT DATE 02/14/02 IN CALIFORNIA.

Difficult to say what may happen. I have heard that in certain states and circumstances there are probationary periods granted and the case is dismissed if the probationary period passes without incident. In other instances there is a fine and probationary period. It is unlikely that you will serve jail time given what you state. Do you have an attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back