Drivers License

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibkraz1

I have a valid Indiana Drivers license. I got pulled over in Illinois and the police officer ran my license and said its valid but cross referenced my name and my old drivers license from Illinois was suspended due to judgement. I called and the reference was due to an auto accident in 2008 with no insurance. I had an Indiana license at time of accident and served a drivers license suspension for it. However the utility company attached a lien on a invalid Illinois license. I surrendered my Illinois license in 2003. So my question is this lien even legal and how can I fix this?

Pay what you owe to the state. They'll be happy to tell you how much you owe and to whom.

If your IN license was under suspension, moving, coming back and getting another does not make it worth the plastic it is printed on if there is an old suspension.

I assume you never did pay the judgment - you might want to.

I have a valid Indiana Drivers license. I got pulled over in Illinois and the police officer ran my license and said its valid but cross referenced my name and my old drivers license from Illinois was suspended due to judgement. I called and the reference was due to an auto accident in 2008 with no insurance. I had an Indiana license at time of accident and served a drivers license suspension for it. However the utility company attached a lien on a invalid Illinois license. I surrendered my Illinois license in 2003. So my question is this lien even legal and how can I fix this?

If your IL driving privilege was suspended, then it was unlawful for you to drive in IL even if you now have a valid IN license. The reason your judgement was attached to your IL license that you no longer had was because the state will connect you to a state-generated number for any traffic related incident that occurs there. if you had NO IL license at the time, they would have generated a number for you. It would not have been a license, but, it would have been an ID or reference number that the state would connect your IL driving history to. Since you had an expired IL number, it was connected to that one and your privilege was susp[ended.

You will have to contact the IL DMV and, probably, the court where the judgement was made in order to see how to get this matter cleared up. A lot of money and a little time should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back