Drive cams being forced in the trucks

Hayes

Jurisdiction
Other
Trucking companies are requiring drivers to sign wavers to secure employment. If you refuse to sign, no job. Drivecams are in the cab watching drivers constantly for liability purposes.
Here's my problem, requiring drivers is a polite way of forcing drivers to sign to gain employment.
I'm confident a good attorney can prove some level of discrimination to gain employment.
With that said some drivers are over the road. Some are out occasionally during the week. These cameras record sound as well as picture. When your shift is over and your on your ten hr reset, "THERE IS NO PRIVACY!"
if you call your wife.... they're listening.
Call your family... they're listening.
Call a friend ... you get the picture.
That truck is our home on the road and when we're not on duty that's our time... not theirs.
I can't help to think this is a form of discrimination and invasion of privacy. If you look at our advancing society. We face cyber attacks, hacking accts. How do we know one day we don't end up on you tube only to be told some stold the videos.
.....AND WHO SAYS WHEN YOU LEAVE A COMPANY ONE OF THISE VIDEOS ISNT PASSED TO YOUR NEXT EMPLOYER. possibly a little defimation of character.
Drivers have allot to lose here.

Trucking companies are requiring drivers to sign wavers to secure employment. If you refuse to sign, no job. Drivecams are in the cab watching drivers constantly for liability purposes.
Here's my problem, requiring drivers is a polite way of forcing drivers to sign to gain employment.
I'm confident a good attorney can prove some level of discrimination to gain employment.
With that said some drivers are over the road. Some are out occasionally during the week. These cameras record sound as well as picture. When your shift is over and your on your ten hr reset, "THERE IS NO PRIVACY!"
if you call your wife.... they're listening.
Call your family... they're listening.
Call a friend ... you get the picture.
That truck is our home on the road and when we're not on duty that's our time... not theirs.
I can't help to think this is a form of discrimination and invasion of privacy. If you look at our advancing society. We face cyber attacks, hacking accts. How do we know one day we don't end up on you tube only to be told some stold the videos.
.....AND WHO SAYS WHEN YOU LEAVE A COMPANY ONE OF THISE VIDEOS ISNT PASSED TO YOUR NEXT EMPLOYER. possibly a little defimation of character.
Drivers have allot to lose here.

These days employees are watched at banks, in retail stores, in office buildings,teachers now have cameras installed in their classrooms, judges have such cameras installed in courtrooms, even police officers must wear body cams and have a dash-cam installed in their patrol cars; cameras are everywhere.

If a person is doing what he or she is paid to do, the way the employers wishes it to be done, nothing to fear is there?

Cameras can also exonerate a person falsely accused of a breaking a law or a rule.

Drivecams are in the cab watching drivers constantly for liability purposes.

In the cab of...? A vehicle owned by your employer? Or your personal vehicle?

Discrimination? Huh?

I can't help to think this is . . . invasion of privacy.

Except that you're using your employer's facilities, so there's no reasonable expectation of privacy.

WHO SAYS WHEN YOU LEAVE A COMPANY ONE OF THISE VIDEOS ISNT PASSED TO YOUR NEXT EMPLOYER.

Nothing, and nothing wrong with that.

possibly a little defimation of character.

I'm going to guess you haven't the slightest idea what defamation actually is.

In my current location I sit in a cube farm. My boss sits right behind me. He's five feet away if I want to make a personal phone call. What make you think ANYONE is entitled to privacy in the workplace?

Even if a video was passed to a prospective employer (which is highly unlikely) that's not even remotely close to defamation. I have to agree with the above poster who says you don't know what that means.

Back