Downtime for Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone - I apologize for the unexpected downtime yesterday. Apparently the traffic has grown yet again and an entire drive we use as a "cache" to speed things up became filled up without warning. As a result, we had to do some work here that took much longer than expected, thanks to some challenges in restructuring the locations of various components. I'm glad that we've significantly expanded our capacity to meet the increased traffic and it should be smooth sailing once again. You should also see several new things pop up this month, probably more than you've seen before. :)

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, suggestions, or even just to say hello!

Can't wait to see what is coming our way! Thank you TLP!

:D First thing you'll notice is the new "layout" which is more condensed. I don't know if you'll like it this way but it seems to be much easier to read easily and MUCH less scrolling. I'm not sure anyone really cared about how many posts were in each section or what the last post was as long as they new there were new posts in different sections. I'm not sure how helpful the text was in the subforums and I'll do the explanations next to the main forums this time and it will serve just as well.

Please let me know what you think of the new condensed format.

There will be a LOT more outlines and forms coming up as well, more integrated databases and a few other new surprises. September will be a stellar month here with a significant amount of changes. :D

OMG - The layout looks FAN-TAB-U-LOUS! So much easier now without all the scrolling! Thanks for all of your hardwork and your useful web designing skills! TLP - You rock!

Great... I figured the scrolling was a pain for most so condensing it seemed to be the right idea. If you guys preferred the other format or if you want me to keep it similar and just reduce the size of the forum displays, let me know. I'll have a few new additions later today including "see similar threads" and a "are you sure this is the right forum" checkbox to make sure people aren't dumping posts into the first convenient forum. With the reduced size of the home page I'm also hoping that people will now be more willing and likely to post questions in the right forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back