Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Dorm room searched without consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

medmark

Well tonight my college dorm room was searched by campus security because my third roomate told security when they came to our door to return a backpack that honestly, we have pot and beer. They then proceeded to completely and illegally search our room as consistent with school policies and find drug paraphernalia, not illegal drugs, just paraphernalia and beer in our fridge.

My question is whether or not i have a better shot of attacking the schools lack of adherence to our other obvious violations that they ignored or play a kiss ass and suck up to the school.

Honestly, after reading all of our schools policies regarding this issue, it states that students must be contacted, which i was not, as well as the human resources director before searches can be conducted as well as have a supervisor present, which they did not.

" The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

I just feel like my rights were violated, and I should really challenge my school. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back