Don't want to evict

Status
Not open for further replies.

titansfan1234

I'm in Tennessee and I have a renter who has not paid July rent. I know they haven't paid because they are wanting me to evict them, thus canceling the lease, so they can move somewhere else. I don't want to evict them/cancel the lease; I want them to have to continue living-up to their part of the contract. If I evict, then I have to go through all the trouble of fixing the place up and renting it again. It seems like I'm the one being punished if I evict them. I know I can evict and then sue for the time the house was open, but I want to force them to pay the full amount they agreed to. Do I have options to forcing them to continue paying me rent, and not evicting?

You can bring an action in court to seek a judgment on outstanding (unpaid) rent.

But, that will get you no money,just a judgment that you must then try to collect.

Want to, or not, eviction is your only answer.

The court can't force them to cough up the rent.

The court can only give you a piece of paper telling you they owe you. You then must TRY to collect.

Eviction may nit be what you want to do, but it's all you have got. Otherwise, they'll continue to live in YOUR house for FREE.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Eviction is your best option. The longer it takes you to evict them then the longer you will go without any payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back