Weapons, Guns, Firearms dominicanmami

Status
Not open for further replies.

digna

I just want to know if the system was fair to my son who was falsely accuse of possession of a criminal weapon Last year he was shoot then the next month he was arrested they said that he had a gun on him which he stated that he did have it so he took it to trial for about five days we have been going to court so they pick there jurors but none where from Albany they where mostley white people who have good jobs that wouldnt understand how police treat black people within our neighborhood sometime we are falsely accused and sent to jail to make along story short the public defender wasnt even trying to help my son they didnt have any evidence that points out that my son had a gun no finger prints no resadue from the gun the police officer lie under outh twice and change their statement twice the public defender didnt even try to defend my son so its my son word against the officer so if it possible does anybody know a good appeal lawyer that can help my son he was only 18 at the time and know he 20 yrs old and has a felony thats going to hang over his head for the rest of his life which i think he deserves a second chance .

Fair is in the eye of the beholder. The law does not care about fair. The law cares about legal.

This is not a referral service, sorry. You might try calling your local legal aid, your state bar association, or any law schools in your areas for referrals.

I just want to know if the system was fair to my son who was falsely accuse of possession of a criminal weapon Last year he was shoot then the next month he was arrested they said that he had a gun on him which he stated that he did have it so he took it to trial for about five days we have been going to court so they pick there jurors but none where from Albany they where mostley white people who have good jobs that wouldnt understand how police treat black people within our neighborhood sometime we are falsely accused and sent to jail to make along story short the public defender wasnt even trying to help my son they didnt have any evidence that points out that my son had a gun no finger prints no resadue from the gun the police officer lie under outh twice and change their statement twice the public defender didnt even try to defend my son so its my son word against the officer so if it possible does anybody know a good appeal lawyer that can help my son he was only 18 at the time and know he 20 yrs old and has a felony thats going to hang over his head for the rest of his life which i think he deserves a second chance .

This could all have been avoided, using your logic, by staying away from all those "white" people.

Seriously, appeals rarely change anything, except for lowering the balance in your bank account.

I doubt that you'll be able to get a lawyer to do the appeal for free.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

the next month he was arrested they said that he had a gun on him which he stated that he did have it...

Seems there isn't much to argue about if he admitted to carrying the weapon.

...none where from Albany they where mostley white people who have good jobs that wouldnt understand how police treat black people within our neighborhood...

Why couldn't a white person understand?

...they didnt have any evidence that points out that my son had a gun no finger prints no resadue from the gun the police officer lie under outh twice and change their statement twice the public defender didnt even try to defend my son...

Didn't your son admit to carrying the weapon? Perhaps your son could appeal for ineffective counsel.
If he confessed to carrying the gun there isn't much more evidence that is needed. The attorney may not have been going out of his way to defend your son because it may have been in vain. The public defender's job is to make sure your son receives fair representation and not much more.
If your son did in fact admit to having the gun he would have been wise to seek a plea offer that might have reduced the offense to a misdemeanor prior to trial. Were any offers ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back