Domestic Violence Protection Order question

Jurisdiction
Washington
I have a Domestic Violence Protection Order placed on me in (Seattle) King County, Washington. I am trying to figure out the proper instructions for filing the motion titled: Respondents Motion to Modify/Terminate Order For Protection Effective More Than 2 Years. Living out of state I mailed this completed form to the Clerks office yet never heard back. I called and was told that it was not filed and that I may have not completed all of the proper steps. I have tried looking for instructions for the proper way to file this motion and made over a dozen phone calls only to be passed around like a ping pong ball with no actual answer. The closest thing I have found online are instructions for Family Law Motion (see below). Are these the proper instructions that I need to follow to file a "Respondents Motion to Modify/Terminate Order For Protection Effective More Than 2 Years" and if not does anyone know that the proper instructions are?

http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/c...Law/English/11-1-family-law-motion.ashx?la=en

I don't have the time to download each form and I'm guessing nobody else does.

The following resources may be of some help to you.

Request Rejected

Request Rejected

If not, then I suggest you hire a Seattle attorney to handle this for you.

I don't know why those links are labeled Request Rejected. Clicking on them brings up Washington Court Rules and The Washington Court's Law Library.

Thanks I'll look through the information you posted. I have the form. I completed it and mailed it but that apparently wasn't adequate. In the brief words exchanged on the phone they said I have to also serve the other party as well as 'may need to follow other steps'. Which I find strange being that I'm not allowed to contact the other party and don't have their address or phone number anyway. So I'm trying to figure out how to properly file this motion.

Thanks I'll look through the information you posted. I have the form. I completed it and mailed it but that apparently wasn't adequate. In the brief words exchanged on the phone they said I have to also serve the other party as well as 'may need to follow other steps'. Which I find strange being that I'm not allowed to contact the other party and don't have their address or phone number anyway. So I'm trying to figure out how to properly file this motion.

Why complicate your life?

It's easier to obey the order and avoid the other party.

You're not a murderer.

You're just a person another person doesn't want in their immediate vicinity.

Seattle is a huge city, as in the state of Washington.

Be smart, stay as far away from the other party as you can.

Back