Domestic protective order question

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
Uncles crazy girlfriend issued an epo..uncle goes to jail gets out she has hum arrested two more times ..they have subpenoed her to court. If she doesn't come what can my uncle do he is already staying away fdeom her she continues to harass him it is so backwards help

An epo was filed against me.she has had me arrested two more times . She continues to contact me an she was subpenoed to court an hasn' showed up ...can they not throw it out

Don't respond.
Block her calls, texts, emails.
Document each contact, don't respond.
Stay 1,000 feet or more away from her.
If she appears, you immediately disappear and document.
If she comes to your home, call the police, don't respond.
Speak to a lawyer for specific instructions.

Same goes for your uncle.

Some people live with a relative, a friend, or move into a hotel until the matter has been adjudicated.

See a lawyer today.

Uncles crazy girlfriend issued an epo.

No, she didn't. Only a court can issue an order. I assume you meant to say that this woman sought an order (against your uncle, apparently) and the court issued it.

uncle goes to jail gets out she has hum arrested two more times .

Why? Did he violate the order? Or does this relate to some other actual or suspected crime?

they have subpenoed her to court.

Who are "they," why have "they" done this?

If she doesn't come what can my uncle do

I'm sure he can do a great many things. If this woman has been subpoenaed to testify in criminal proceedings are pending against your uncle and she violates the subpoena, the proceedings might be dismissed, but it is more likely that they'll be continued so that the woman can be arrested for violating the subpoena and brought into court to testify.

he is already staying away fdeom her she continues to harass him it is so backwards help

An epo was filed against me.she has had me arrested two more times . She continues to contact me an she was subpenoed to court an hasn' showed up ...can they not throw it out

I suggest each of you consult with a local attorney about the best way to deal with the situation.

Uncles crazy girlfriend issued an epo..uncle goes to jail gets out she has hum arrested two more times ..they have subpenoed her to court. If she doesn't come what can my uncle do he is already staying away fdeom her she continues to harass him it is so backwards help

Why do you answer her calls? If she doesn't appear the prosecutor could dismiss whatever charges or the judge could dismiss the PO. No one can be sure.

Back