DOL complaint for unpaid wages

sathya

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello! I haven't received the last 5 months of my salary(17,000$) from my ex-employer.
If i go to DOL will they file a lawsuit on behalf of me if they cant get the money from the employer ?

You waited 5 months to address $17,000 but you couldn't wait more than two minutes for a response here?

Anyway, no, the DOL won't sue on your behalf. It may have other methods to punish your employer, but if it can't get the money for you, you'll probably be on your own.

Why haven't you asked the DOL about that?

And why haven't you done anything about this sooner than 5 months of lost earnings?

Heck, I'd have hit the unemployment office the first time a paycheck wasn't forthcoming.

Must be more to the story than you have told so far.

Thank you! My bad.. should i file a lawsuit or just the DOL complaint for now? pls advise. if i file a lawsuit how much would be the court fees ?

You might want to go the lawsuit route. The fed. DOL would only pay you for min. wage & any OT owed. If you made more than min. wage - your best bet would be a lawsuit. When you file the wage lawsuit, you can also file for (ask for) attorney's fees & court costs be paid so you don't have to pay them.

Back